By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use techfest.org if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of India. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Techfest, IIT Bombay and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on techfest.org. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from techfest.org for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions. You must not:
1. Republish material from techfest.org
2. Sell, rent or sub-license material from techfest.org
3. Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from techfest.org
4. Redistribute content from techfest.org
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof. Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Techfest, IIT Bombay does not filter, edit, publish or review comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Techfest, IIT Bombay, its agents and/ or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Techfest, IIT Bombay shall not be liable for the comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/ or suffered as a result of any use of and/ or posting of and/ or appearance of the comments on this website. Techfest, IIT Bombay reserves the right to monitor all comments and to remove any comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions. You warrant and represent that:
1. You are entitled to post the comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so
2. The comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party
3. The comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
4. The comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity
5. You hereby grant Techfest, IIT Bombay a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your comments in any and all forms, formats or media
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
1. Government agencies;
2. Search engines;
3. News organizations;
4. Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
5. System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site. We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
1. commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
2. dot.com community sites;
3. associations or other groups representing charities;
4. online directory distributors;
5. internet portals;
6. accounting, law and consulting firms; and
7. educational institutions and trade associations
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that:
(a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses;
(b) the organization does not have any negative records with us;
(c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Techfest, IIT Bombay; and
(d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link:
(a) is not in any way deceptive;
(b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and
(c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site. If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Techfest, IIT Bombay. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
1. By use of our corporate name; or
2. By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
3. By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Techfest, IIT Bombay's logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your website. No link(s) should appear on any website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
1. limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury
2. limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
3. limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law or
4. exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
We are a Data Controller of your information.
1. Techfest, IIT Bombay needs to perform a contract with you
2. You have given Techfest, IIT Bombay permission to do so
3. Processing your personal information is in Techfest, IIT Bombay's legitimate interests
4. Techfest, IIT Bombay needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
1. The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you
2. The right of rectification
3. The right to object
4. The right of restriction
5. The right to data portability
6. The right to withdraw consent
Techfest.org follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/ exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Like any other website, techfest.org uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
Note that techfest.org has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Techfest.org does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.