Innovation is the vital spark of all human change, improvement and progress
The sole motto of Ideate is to encourage youth to come up with innovative ideas to reform and transfigure the present situation in the world! Ideate provides a platform for young minds to showcase their talent through novel ideas having the potential to become the harbinger of change and crusader of the cause. Let’s bring a change in the world!
Participants are invited to come up with innovative technological solutions to tackle any of the problems listed below:
The following themes(bulleted points) are just guidelines to help you. You are free to think like an unconventional
thinker and come up with great innovations.
▪ Indian handicrafts and traditional crafts showcase the rich heritage and true culture of our nation. Due to unorganized production, outdated production methods, financial incapability of artisans to upgrade technology in production, lack of market linkages and lack of interest by new generation, handicraft sector is facing many challenges and losing its value.
Participants are invited to come up with innovative technological ideas that can help artisans in overcoming these challenges
Drug and Substance Abuse
▪ Over the last few decades, the consumption of drugs has become one of the biggest problems in the country. A study showed that 83% of drug addicts in Punjab are well-educated and 83% have jobs. A survey conducted in Delhi revealed that children in the age group of 9-10 have already started consuming tobacco or alcohol.
Participants are invited to come up with innovative technological ideas that help drug addicts in giving up drug or substance abuse, gradually, and prevent such cases.
▪ Cyber security is a top concern for today’s business owners and technology executives. The cyber security landscape in India is intended to witness several cloud computing security challenges. 76% Indian businesses were hit by cyber attacks in the last year. 14% IT managers who were victim to one or two of these attacks can’t pinpoint how the attackers gained entry and 17% don’t know how long the threat was in the environment before it was detected.
As the cyber attacks will become worse and worse in upcoming time, participants are invited to come up with solutions that can provide security against cyber crimes.
▪ Agriculture plays a critical role in food security, political stability and world peace, yet it leaves a big environmental footprint. Agriculture accounts for greenhouse gas emissions and nitric oxide emissions. It is also responsible for waste of water when used carelessly, top layer soil loss and drives 80% of the tropical deforestation.
Participants are invited to come up with innovative technological solutions for irrigation management, to decide which are the best yielding crops for the soil, to provide the better market for agricultural products, to get more production using small strips of land and to solve the problem of water wastage.
▪ According to the WHO, one in three women globally has been sexually or physically abused. Around 70% women in India are victims of domestic violence. Women’s safety is a key issue and tech seems to be a potential solution. A study found that 80% of women of India had experienced sexual harassment ranging from unwanted comments, being groped or assaulted.
The participants are invited to come up with innovative ideas that can help in preventing crimes against women and spreading awareness about women’s rights, help them in reporting such crimes.
Transportation & Traffic Management
▪ Transportation and distribution of all resources and products are an integral part of any economy and any improvement in this sector directly manifests as an improvement in life. According to a WHO report, more than 1.35 lakh lives are lost a year due to road accidents. Innovative ideas of road traffic patterns and transportation need to be encouraged in order to lessen the accidents.
Participants are invited to come up with innovative technological solutions for better management of transport systems.